Monday, June 05, 2006

The 10th Post


Greetings from the South!
Hows it going guys?
Well things have been going well for me, I got the whole of Queens Birthday off work so I was able to rock down to my homeland - Winton Southland which was just fantastic!
This was great not only because I was going down to see my family but also because Chelle was able to come down as well, it made the trip much more enjoyable :)

Chelle and Dad feeding out hay to sheep

Chelle talking to the cows

So on Friday night about 7pm Chelle and I jumped into my mighty Honda Civic and we cruised all the way down to Thomson's Crossing. We arrived at about 02:13am to be greated by my Dad, he always waits up for us when we come down :) We then proceeded to sleep through till about 11:30am Saturday (driving 7 hours takes it outta you!) After a good old southland lunch me and Chelle went out to help Dad on the farm for a while, feeding the sheep hay. Chelle said our farm was the second or third famr she had ever been to which I thought was interesting. After we got back from the farm we played singstar for a while then we went out for tea for my Dad's 50th, it was cool to see all my cousins and Uncles and Aunties and of course my grandparents. My auntie made my Dad a really cool cake which looked like a trout because my Dad loves fishing. After the meal we went bowling and that was great fun, however I didn't bowl very well, I think Richard and Danali's new daughter Sophie could have outbowled me :0

Dad's super cool cake

Then on the Sunday Chelle and I went to Church and then visited my Auntie and Uncle and then my Grandparents. Before dark I headed out duckshooting with my Dad and brother, we didn't see any Ducks though :( Before me and Chelle knew it, it was time to head home. We left for Christchurch around 10:00am and were dealed because of snow and heavy traffic on the roads. We did however manage to stop off at Moraki Boulders which was cool because all the times I have driven past I have never taken the time to stop and look.

Chelle checking out teh Moraki boulders

We arrived back in Christchurch at about 6:00pm, I dropped Chelle off and then went back to the flat to unpack, have a feed and then grab a few zzzzzzzs before I had to go to work :)
Hope you have enjoyed the story of my trip as much as I have enjoyed writing about it :)
Take care guys :)

Regards
Doug

Pedro stalking his prey behind the N64

P.S For those who are wondering how Pedro is, he is alive and well, he has now figured out that its great fun jumping on the bench and eating our food! He will learn its not so fun if we catch him there again. He loves it when visitors come over to see him and has made special friends with Dale and Chelle.

No comments: