Friday, May 19, 2006

The 8th Post



Well hows it goin guys? I know it has been a long time ( a month infact) since my last post and I guess business isn't really a good excuse when you see Lord Biggus pop out 3 posts in 3 concecutive days :) Well done once again Richard & Danali - Sophie is very very cool indeed.
about you can see a photo of part of the yard where I work at Hirequip in Johns Rd CHCH, its great times indeed :) If thats not magic enough heres another picture for you all to enjoy - an inside look at my counter job at HQ



This is where I spend most of my hours in a day, behind this counter serving happy customers who want to hire equipment to do cool stuff like chop down trees, mow lawns, strip wallpaper, paint fences, dig post holes, pick up broken cars, pump out flooded houses, drill holes in walls, move houses, flatten newly planted grass, waterblast down a roof, fix their toilet, repair ones gutters and all those really exciting things in life :) If you thought those were the perks of my job well, your wrong. The best thing by far is the money, sure I'm not exactely in the career I want at the moment but I have realised that its better to be employed and have a lil' money to throw at things you would like to get than be unemployed, broke and thinking why don't I have a job?


As you can see even working at HQ there is benefits, such as being able to get your favourite bands latest albums - All three of these new albums by Live, Pearl Jam & The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are all very good indeed, I have really enjoyed listening to them over the last few weeks :) I have also aquired a few new DVDs which is very good, the only trouble is that I haven't had the chance to watch them all yet :(




In the good news department quite a few cool things have happened, the coolest thing is that today was Michelle and my 3 month anniverary, so we went out for tea and stuff, it was rather nice indeed, Chelle is such an awesome girlfriend to me, she is just so supercool :)
Another cool thing is that my oldest Brother Pete has decided to marry his girlfriend Carrie, its pretty cool indeed, it was a bit of a shock I must admit but its very exciting as Pete asked me to be one of his groomsmen. They have penciled in a date in Feb 2008 so who knows what will have happened by then but its all cool :) Other cool news is that the 48 hr film comp is coming up and Dale, Neil and myself have pulled a team togther of mates, we have a had a couple of meetings regarding such things and everything is looking positive for that, which is next week so I guess the next post will be dedicated to the 48 hour :) Stay tuned, stay cool, stay classy

:) Doug :)







1 comment:

Richard said...

Supercool girlfriends are totally coo.
I have decided that Sophie and I will make our own 48 Hour Film competition movie. I am not sure what the genre will be yet, but watch out for the trailer, coming soon.

-Rich