Sunday, March 04, 2007

The 12th Post - Wild Wellington

The Epicness of Richard, Neil & Doug



Hey guys well, last week was quite an adventure, I headed to Wellington to go to my Cousins wedding but of course a trip to Wellington wouldn't be complete without going to catch up with the DVPP kids Neil Mayo and Richard Lord, of course the first thing to do was to strike a super hero pose, then we got down to a tasty meal that Richard and Danali had made for us, thanks guys! While they were sorting out desert me and Neil boosted down to the local store to pick up our fix - Coronas, M & Ms and pretzels :) they were tasty. By the time we got back desert was waiting for us and boy was it good :)





What started out as a normal night of M & Ms and beers turned nasty!






It wasn't long til the beer was cracked open and the M & Ms were flying and the night began to go either up or down hill depending on which side of the bottle you were on, as you can see below Neil, was very pleased that there was an abundant supply of M & Ms for all.






Neil looking a little too happy with his M & Ms


Then suddenly things started to deteriorate, Neil tipped his M & Ms onto the table and started to snort M & Ms and by the time he successfully snorted a couple up the roughly rolled $100 note he turned into another being....................



The night taking a horrible turn for the worst


A Hulkish Neil now under the control of the M & Ms, started throwing Coronas into the freezer and yelling absurdaties about how they don't freeze until you slam them down on a hard surface and then they freeze as if a super hero has touched it. Of course I disputed his claim which Neil didn't like at all, he jumped up and all hell broke loose, I jumped up and tried to restrain him, whilst trying to do so my camera accidentally went off, below is the M & M fuelled Neil which I was trying to stop.




What Neil was at that time was not human


Fortunately, not long after all of us being caught in a triangle of terror someone mentioned DVDs and things started to get back to normality. The next thing I knew it was 6.30am and we all had to get up and catch a train into central Wellington, it was evident that it was a common occurance for Richard and Neil as they didn't look so enthused.




Richard and Neil really excited about the train trip into Wellington








By this time I think Richard was disowning me :)






I myself found the train ride to be great fun and was especially excited when the ticket man came around for your tickets, it seemed that Neil however just stoked to have a ticket that he could show off the Chicks when he got into the city!








Neil was so stoked with is new ticket to pull chicks


After reaching the station and navigatng our way through the thousands of people bustling through the station, I went back to Neils new crib and he cooked me some toast, it was great toast by the way Neil, bigups! Then Neil showed me around his new work place, Blue Bicycle Flicks, very cool indeed! Then I walked down to see Richards work, it was great to see his work however I knew it was time to leave the city and head to the event that I had travelled far and wide for. On my way out of the city I got to catch a glimpse of the Camera/Tripod monument which is dedicated to the Film/Television industry in New Zealand, very cool I thought!



The Camera/Tripod monument was very cool!


The wedding was great fun, got to see alot of my family and have massive yarns about life, food and stuff in general, my cousin looked very happy and I am very pleased for her and her new Husband James, it was a fun day all together!!!!!



My Cousin's wedding was great fun


And hence this brings me to the end of this epic trip to Wild Wellington, I saw many sights, ate many M & Ms and told many yarns, enough said.

Hope everyone is well and having a super week!


Stay classy!


Doug

5 comments:

Neil said...

Totally epic Douglas. Totally. Epic.

Neil said...

Actually just read it properly - that was hilarious! I was cracking up at "hulkish Neil attacking Rich". Nice post Doug keep it up! BTW My M&M overload has blanked out my memory of the entire night so come up and we can do it all again! ;)

Richard said...

I agree, very funny Doug. Keep up the good work... you ARE a good BLOGGER!

Doug said...

Thanks guys, your all too kind

PAULFOLIO said...

Boys, boys boys!!! Good to see that you guys are devouring the M&M's. MMM its interesting though... I thought M&M was a production company? Neil maybe you know or remember what I am talking about hehe?
Great photos though brah! Your blog is the bomb!!! As Neil would say 'Epic, totally Epic'! I may have to upload my photo next to the Aston Martin from 007 on my blog, just for you! Anyways will check your blog out frequently now as I know your address!
Keep the films pumping my young padawan!!! Laters